Car Seat Installation Done Right!
At Sit Tight, our certified car seat installation technicians will teach you how to safely install your car seat to manufacturer’s and government safety standards so you’ll feel confident installing your car seat on your own.
85% of car seats are installed incorrectly. Have your car seat installation done right!
Visit us at our convenient 11th and Burrard location in Vancouver, BC.
- Car seat check – to confirm you have installed your seat safely. This check does not include car seat installation lesson.
- At our Kitsilano office. Food Bank donations accepted in lieu of $15.
- If we determine your seat not to be installed correctly we can teach you how to install it properly for an additional $10 fee.
- Bring your car seat and the owner’s manual for BOTH the vehicle and car seat.
- Each private car seat installation lesson takes approximately 30 minutes.
- There is a $15 fee for each additional car seat (booked at the same time, for the same customer).
TIPS for Safe Car Seat Use
-Do not install a used seat if you don’t know its entire history. If a car seat has been in the slightest accident (even a fender bender) it should be thrown out as it may have been compromised. Weakness is not always visible.
-There is an expiration date stamped into all car seats. Pay attention to that date. Plastic breaks down and therefore will weaken.
-Always read the manual for the car seat AND the car before installing the seat.
-Try before you buy. Stores should allow you to take the car seat to your car. All seats are different and all cars are different. Some seats fit better in one car vs another.